About the Job
Job DescriptionJob #: 796712
Apex Systems is currently seeking an Application Engineer for our financial client in Pittsburgh, Pa. This is a tremendous opportunity to support a fast-paced, well-established leader in the industry. Please send your updated resume to Santo DeFrancesco at email@example.com along with a good number and time for Santo to reach out, for immediate consideration!
Application Engineer III
Downtown Pittsburgh, PA
The job holder leads the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform distributed application systems. S/he analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems. S/he also ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementation and documentation.
Top 3 skills
• Experience Engineering / Administering Atlassian tools: Primarily Confluence, but JIRA is preferred as well
• Infrastructure Engineering, Operations and Support on Windows and Linux environments
• Postgres Database Experience / Administration
• Requires extensive knowledge of company's total computing environment, including all key IT functions, interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans.
• Must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies.
• Extensive experience with developing and supporting distributed applications required.
• Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.
• Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with no assistance from the supervisor including:
o Working closely with upper management
o Design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance
o Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports
o Review and repair legacy code.
• Conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
• Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems.
• Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
• Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
• Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
• Responsible for development of new programs, analyzes current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
• Writes, edits, and debugs new computer programs for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output.
• Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate; assists lower-level programmers with programming assignments.
• Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
• A Minimum 4-5 years relevant work experience required.
• Post ID: 55631202 pittsburgh