About the Job
Job DescriptionJob #: 798669
Desktop Support Specialist Apex Systems is one of the largest IT placement firms in the US. We pride ourselves in the strength of our partnerships with our clients and job seekers alike. Currently we have a need for a Tier II Desktop Support technician with one of our local fortune 500 clients.
Our client is seeking to hire a Desktop support technician as a result of their aggressive internal promotion policy, and are seeking enthusiastic IT professionals wanting an opportunity to learn and grow with the company. If this sounds like you, then contact Taylor Arrington by sending your resume to email@example.com
**This is a full-time opening and we will be scheduling interviews soon.
Job Summary: The technical Support professionals who respond to tickets escalated by the Helpdesk that are related to customer equipment; additional skills, knowledge, tools, or authority are required.
Essential Job Duties:
* Drive Process Improvement
* Support Client specific Technologies
* Take all escalation calls from the Service Center
* Provide level 2 PC Desktop support
* Track all Incidents and Service Requests in ticketing system
* Configure new hardware, PCs, and networking equipment; for deployment in the field
* Able to support a broad range of technology
* Assist Service Center in solving non-routine software, hardware and procedure problems
* Support person between SME's and Service Center as needed
* Assumes other duties as assigned
* Creates/updates knowledge documents for new and existing processes
* Participate in 24/7 On-call Rotation
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Be able to communicate efficiently with users.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE:
* Multi-user computer, computer terminals, Thinclient, Virtual Servers, Citrix, Active Directory, printers,
telecommunications equipment, modems, routers, communications server, copier, fax machine, Microsoft
Office software, E-mail, desk top publishing, Reflections, and Novell NetWare.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: * Requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. * Required to lift heavy items up to 50 lbs. routinely. * Requires normal range of hearing and vision. * Must have the ability to work in conditions of frequent interruptions. * Must be able to deal with stress associated with a fast paced work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
A+ Skills * Install and configure various peripheral devices. * Install, and configure printers * Perform printer maintenance * Demonstrate proper communication and professionalism * Use appropriate command line tools * Setup and configure Windows networking on a client/desktop * Explain the differences among basic OS security settings and the troubleshooting theory.
• Post ID: 55899242 pittsburgh