Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:46 AM
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING SUMMER INTERN
RAIL CONTROL SOLUTIONS
At Bombardier Transportation, 35,000-plus employees work together worldwide to move people and ideas forward. We dont stand still, so why should you?
Bombardier Transportation is a world-wide leader in rail technology. From mainline to metro, light rail to locomotives, our strategy is one of continuous development that provides the most effective and innovative rail solutions for today and tomorrow! We need motivated learners and innovative problem solvers who will challenge themselves to find better ways to bridge distances and bring people together across cities, countries, and the globe. This is our passion, and this why we need you to be part of it!
Rail Control Solutions (RCS) is Bombardier Transportations signaling division. RCS is focused on optimizing the flow of trains and delivering innovative signaling systems which enable the safe and efficient operation of rail networks and trains.
Bombardier's 2018 Summer Internship Program is a 12-week, paid assignment beginning in May 2018. You will work at least 32 hours per week during core business days (Monday - Friday) and hours (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM).
The Software Engineering Summer Internship positions you to work closely with our world-class engineers and learn more about how your field of study and interests can be applied to our driverless train control systems creating better ways to move the world!
You may be responsible for:
- Working with team members to design and code components
- Writing unit tests
- Testing and troubleshooting
- Designing and developing software
- Implementing communication based signaling technology
- Developing and maintaining documentation and evidence for industry compliance
- Product delivery
To be considered for a Software Engineering Summer Internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university, preferably in your Junior or Senior year, pursuing a degree in the following engineering disciplines:
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with C, Python, and/or GIT will be considered an asset
- You demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer programming skills.
- You demonstrate the ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
- You possess critical attention to detail and deadlines, and are self-motivated;
- You demonstrate the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Posting: 25.01.2018, 4:24:03 PM
03.03.2018, 4:59:00 AM
or contact us at email@example.com
• Location: Pittsburgh
• Post ID: 62375222 pittsburgh