What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Implementation -Construction is looking for an Engineer with Macro Cell experience. This position will be responsible for utility coordination of new Macro cells, as well as supporting embedded base upgrades and optimizations.
- Using knowledge of cell site components and construction aspects.
- Performing feasibility exercises, determining the correct equipment & placing equip orders
- Partnering and coordinating general contractor services, reviewing closeout packages, and finally closing the projects.
- Provide engineering level support during equipment installation by performing initial site walks to determine needs and capabilities. Responsibilities include: verifying power and floor space requirements, power facilities, ground stability, and construction access.
- Coordinate with Sub-Market Engineering groups to determine RF needs as well as various structural and environmental issues.
- Work with MTCE and Area Teams to ensure compliance with VZ Standards.
- Perform routine inspections of all sites during construction. Review and ensure that all environmental and safety procedures are followed.
- Review and provide feedback on construction drawings for each site utilizing AutoCAD and Visio software.
- Coordinate installation and integration of all equipment.
- Maintain excellent vendor, subcontractor and supplier management, communication & point of contact for construction, power, and grounding vendors for all on site facilities design and installation.
- Responsible for creating and sending out bid packages to various vendors.
- Coordinate with Sub-Market Operations, and various vendors to execute the construction process within budget accountability & projections.
- Responsible for bid awards to vendors based on several criteria such as expense, quality, and estimated completion time.
- Project management including chairing pre-construction meetings for each site, establish schedules and estimated timelines for delivery of equipment.
- Ensure efficient use of budget by reviewing construction schedule and providing process improvement.
- Responsible to attend internal meetings, present and communicate project timelines and needs.
- Stay current with technology and implement when available to reduce budget expense and expand capabilities.
- Upon site completion, perform final walk through and address any outstanding issues.
- Coordinate transition of site from construction to operations for completion and turn up.
What we’re looking for...
You take ownership of issues and their successful resolution. You’re proactive, driven to find improvement opportunities, and creative and persistent in solving problems. Your superior time management, prioritization, and planning skills help you thrive in a dynamic work environment. A committed team player, coaching and developing more junior team members is important to you.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Risk Assessment & Management experience.
- Change Order Management experience.
- Contract Management experience.
- Client Relations experience.
- Quality Field Service experience.
- Procurement and Logistics experience.
- Negotiating Skills.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Siterra, SiteTraker, xPress Bid, AutoCAD/Visio.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2472302-project-manager-construction
• Post ID: 62399432 pittsburgh