Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 12:22 AM
Operations Leadership Program (OLP) : United States
Kennametal Inc. (NYSE: KMT) delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear:resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced material sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Companies operating in everything from airframes to coal mining, from engines to oil wells and from turbochargers to construction recognize Kennametal for extraordinary contributions to their value chains. With annual sales of 2.1 billion and more than 12,000 employees, Kennametal serves customers in more than 60 countries worldwide : with more than 50 percent of these revenues coming from outside North America.
The Operations Leadership Program (OLP) is intended to develop leadership and technical skills through challenging assignments, training and individualized coaching. The program consists of three diverse eight month rotations in various manufacturing and supply chain locations that span Kennametal's Industrial, Infrastructure and Widia businesses. Each assignment is tied to a particular business strategy and will in turn develop competencies for the individual and a broader business perspective.
* The program consists of three, 8 month rotations, typically in 2 or 3 different locations (relocation between rotations provided by company).
* The final rotation will incorporate production supervision responsibilities within a manufacturing facility or equivalent leadership responsibilities within a supporting function.
* At the completion of the program, the program participant will be placed into a full:time role based on incumbents' strengths and interest, as well as business need at that time.
* Additional leadership and function specific training included during program.
* Each participant is paired with a mentor from senior leadership along with an individual talent development plan that will continue after the program.
* Some of the functional competencies covered during rotations include:
* Materials Management
* Manufacturing Process Improvement
* Supervisory Skills
* Lean and Continuous Improvement
* Environmental, Health and Safety
* Application Engineering
* Project Management
* SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
* Leadership and Daily Management
* Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Technical field: Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain and relevant internship experience.
* Strong organization, facilitation, presentation, leadership, project management and communication skills.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast:paced environment.
* Willingness to travel.
* Willingness to relocate between rotations and at the end of the program for final placement.
* Must be a US citizen, or hold a Green Card.
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear:resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Kennametal's portfolio of well:respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses : Industrial and Infrastructure : our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.
• Location: latrobe, Pittsburgh
• Post ID: 62107052 pittsburgh