Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 3:17 AM
At the forefront of advanced materials innovation for more than 75 years, Kennametal Inc. is a global industrial technology leader delivering productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear:resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 11,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly 2.1 billion in revenues in fiscal 2017. Learn more at kennametal
Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Experience in sales and marketing of products within the cutting tool industry.
- Experience working with direct customers as well as distribution partners.
- Proactive sales person who is action:oriented, driven to succeed, and results:oriented.
- Capable of managing to completion a variety of projects and programs simultaneously and efficiently.
- Capable of initiating action and influencing events to achieve goals.
- Proficient at time management with the ability to "make things happen" without a large support organization.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think "outside of the box" and consider all "what if" scenarios.
- Well:developed negotiation skills with the ability to gain credibility and develop long term value:added partnerships within a complex customer base.
- Experience with formal contractual documentation.
- Ability to work with all levels of a customer's organization from shop floor to executive and with internal peers and management, conducting all interactions with integrity and respect to individuals and organizations in adherence to Kennametal's ethics policy.
- Team:oriented with the success of the company, organization, and business as the main objective.
- Attention to detail with a commitment to deliver the highest levels of customer service
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to assess situations and provide innovative and creative solutions in a timely and effective manner
- High:energy, self:motivated and responsible with mature judgment and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
Key Job responsibilities
- Develop a sales and marketing plan to target existing users in the territory in order to accelerate sales growth and identify and develop new opportunities.
- Establish professional relationships with key accounts in the territory and promote the Company's capability (product, value, service, and technology) to ensure Kennametal is the supplier of choice for all current and future requirements.
- Formulate accurate competitor and competitive material analyses and identify areas where the Company is able to differentiate its products and service.
- Ensure that the territory revenue and profit levels are achieved by having a thorough understanding of the market opportunities and the strengths and weaknesses of all competitors (capability, value, pricing levels etc.)
- Keep abreast of changes in products, product lines, and company policies.
- Lead account management efforts with customers to drive sales for a variety of applications.
- Negotiate all supply contracts, ensuring clarity on product specification, levels of service, and contractual terms.
- Coordinate closely with manufacturing to ensure clear and 100 accurate communication of customer needs and requirements.
- Successfully manage "total" sales process for each customer from order receipt to delivery of product / service.
- Ensure efficient and effective repo
• Location: Pittsburgh
• Post ID: 62213077 pittsburgh